Monday 15 August 2011

Jose on Bermondsey Street - part II

Second trip to Jose, even better than the first, in spite of the fact that I had to stand throughout the meal as they only have 17 chairs, and I gifted my friend the 17th.  The only other place I happily eat standing is McDonalds and on those rare guilty-pleasure occasions I'm invariably drunk.

I am all class.

Highlights were the ever-changing tortilla, today smoked paprika and peppers.  Smoky, sweet, tender, delicious:
Phenomenal prawns with chilli and garlic, this time with their clothes on:
And spectacular ham and cheese croquettas, that make it on to my uber-list:
Finally spicy, tasty lamb meatballs in a beautiful fresh, sweet, vibrant tomato sauce:
All delicious and simple - high quality raw ingredients, executed perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.