Tuesday 5 June 2012

My new favourite place

Cannot believe I'd never been to Sicily until last Tuesday.  Am sure my ancestors were Sicilian - how else to explain the fact that everything I love is Sicilian.

The evidence:

Cannoli.  Sicily = birthplace of cannoli.
Killer tuna sandwiches on perfect sesame seeded white bread, with fresh tomato and a touch of olive oil...
Spaghetti all day every day - this one with pistachio and prawns, at Da Vittorio, which is apparently Giorgio Locatelli's favourite restaurant.
Ridiculously stunning beaches:
Awesome ice cream, and even granita (which I normally can take or leave, but how can you leave something that looks this good?)
Little almond biscuits that look like the sun:
Salt!  And look how nicely they make it...
Plus they stuff ice cream in to a brioche!! Seriously, I am ALL OVER that.
Pears!  Pretty wrapped pears...
and pears covered in custard, lots of custard generally.  At my hotel they even served breakfast croissants with a jug of chocolate sauce and a jug of custard.  Happiness.

And finally, insanely good looking men.  (No photos sadly, but half of them made David Gandy look like David Mellor.)

If anyone out there has a villa / house / small flat, and would like me to house-sit for them for a year or so, just say the word...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.